Help with GDB

Hello,
I am compiling a C program from several source files and the "list" command
of gdb always results in a "init.c: no such file or directory". Note that the
problem does not happen when the program is made on only one source file.
How can I make gdb work with several source files?
Thanks in advance,
Balteo.