gdb bugs showing while working on libcwd

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 11:41:49AM -0400, Liam Stewart wrote:
> What version of Red Hat Linux?

I installed things manually so much that you can't talk
about a version anymore.  You'll have to ask for specific
versions of tools/libraries that are significant.

The last time I did a full sync was with RH7.2, but I have
installed many many many things from rawhide, and the most
important things like glibc, kernel, compilers and libraries
are not related to any release (they are newer).

> > Let me know if there are any problems.
> None so far..

Good.  I just released version 0.99.20, but you'll get updated
automatically when I post the next 'tag' anyway, so I guess
that is not relevant ;).

The first thing I will do now is patch my kernel so it
will dump cores that are as useful as possible, and then
I'll start to use the latest CVS version of gdb and see
what happens.

Please get back to me asap if you don't want me to patch
my kernel because that wouldn't be representative enough
or because you can't patch your kernel likewise (something
that I suppose is needed in order to mirror what I do here),
or when you want me to use the released gdb 5.2 rather
than the current cvs version.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo@alinoe.com>

PS My software efforts aim at developers that are willing
   to live on the bleeding edge.  Although I didn't yet
   *demand* that everyone uses g++-3.1, I CAN demand that
   they patch their kernel when that is the only way to
   work reasonable with gdb (and obviously, my library
   doesn't make gdb redundant but on the contrary is
   relatively useless in an environment where gdb doesn't
   work well, because then you still can't debug, now
   can you!? ;).