Regarding Libc,threaded application on mips-linu

Hi All,
I am using a linux(2.4.16) on mips (bigendian) box for development of
gdb
tool.Recently I downloaded gdb 5.1 source code and was able to
successfully configure and
compile for the above mentioned mips box.I am also encountering the same
old
problem of debugging the threaded application...

      Starting program: /data/gdb/./SimpleVideolin.out
            [New Thread 1024 (LWP 438)]

                Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
               [Switching to Thread 1024 (LWP 438)]
            0x00000000 in ?? ()

In one of the  mailing list I saw that  this due to bug  in libc.
Can you tell me
   1.Where can find the libc which don't have this bug
    2.Is there any patches are associated with gdb for  above mentioned
problem
Thankx for your time...
Bino Mathew