Re: operate-and-get-next is off by one

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 01:30:14PM -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Daniel> It appears to be "operate-and-get-command-after-next" right
> Daniel> now.  It's skipping every other command...
>
> What system?  How are you invoking gdb?
>
> I updated and rebuilt gdb from scratch on x86 Linux (RHL 6.2).
> operate-and-get-next seems to work fine in my simple test:
>
>     p 1
>     p 2
>     p 3
>     C-n C-n C-n
>     C-o C-o

You mean C-p, I assume...

> If you can tell me a simple way to reproduce the problem I will look
> at it.

I can no longer reproduce the exact sequence, unfortunately.  It was
an interaction with 'commands'; I was trying to reset the commands of
a breakpoint.  Now when I try it simply skips all the '>' prompts, and
leaves the command after 'commands' at the (gdb) prompt after I type
'end'.  It would be very convenient if C-o worked at the > prompt also,
since everything you type there makes it into the command history.

If I reproduce the original problem again I'll let you know.