Re: Strange gdb behavior when debugging Qt apps

So far noone has mentioned anything in the Qt mailing list.  Moreover, I
tried running gdb against standard qt apps (like qtcups) and the fonts were
ok, so it's probably not the environment.

Furthermore, it seems that this is thread-related, because it occurs only
with applications spawning other threads.  For example, I ran gdb with qtella
(a Qt gnutella client which spawns threads) and had the same "garbled fonts"
problem.

More specifically, when gdb's output contains somethin like:

"[New Thread XXXX (LWP YYYYY)]"

Then, the fonts are garbled...