Re: How to map memory for SH simulator?

cagney wrote:

> [...]
> > The sim/common family of simulators (sh, etc.) uses an alternate
> > syntax to specify additional simulated memory regions.  [...]
>
> Er, are you sure about this?

Uh, good point, thanks for pointing that out.  Sorry - I was thinking
of another sh simulator.  There are a few stragglers in sim/*,
including the old "sh", that don't use enough common code to do this
configuration in a uniform way.  This hegemony is what the sim/common,
and the later sid frameworks have been aiming to correct, but these
old ports just won't go away by themselves. :-)

Anyway, gazing at sim/sh/interp.c, there is a possibly useful "sim
set-memory-size NUMBITS" gdb command, with a similar unadorned
"sh-*-run PROGRAM NUMBITS" command line argument.

- FChE