Re: displaying wchar_t in gdb

On 26 Nov 2001, Klaus-Georg Adams wrote:

> What would be a strategy to implement this natively in gdb? Can you
> tell inside gdb if we are working with wchar_t? Should there be a
> separate format for this?

I'm not even sure this is feasible, taking the cross-debugging into
consideration.  I guess it's possible in native debugging, assuming GDB
and the debuggee use compatible libraries for wide character support,
and support the same character sets.

If it _is_ possible and feasible, then a special format is probably the
way to go.