``set disassembly-flavour'' vs ``set architecture'' for i386

Hello,

I'm trying to understand the intended behavour of the i386's
disssassembly command. (Actually it had a call to
set_architecture_from_arch_mach() that I was trying to eliminate.)

It would appear that the intent was for the ``set disassembly-flavour''
command to be an alias for the ``set architecture'' command (or was that
the other way around).  Anyway, the two commands are asymetric vis:

Establish a starting point:

This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu".
(gdb) show architecture
The target architecture is assumed to be i386
(gdb) show disassembly-flavor
The disassembly flavor is "att".

Setting the disassembler to intel, changes the machine to i386:intel

(gdb) set disassembly-flavour
att    intel
(gdb) set disassembly-flavour intel
(gdb) show architecture
The target architecture is assumed to be i386:intel

and conversely, setting the dissassembler to att selects the basic i386
machine:

(gdb) set disassembly-flavour att
(gdb) show architecture
The target architecture is assumed to be i386

However, if the architecture is changed directly vis:

(gdb) set architecture i386:intel
The target architecture is assumed to be i386:intel
(gdb) show architecture
The target architecture is assumed to be i386:intel
(gdb) show disassembly-flavour
The disassembly flavour is "att".

it doesn't affect the disassembly flavour.

Can I assume this is a bug and that the two should be kept in sync, or,
like x86-64, keeping them in sync isn't important?

	Andrew