Re: Does/can ld edit .stab sections?

> Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 10:17:10 +0100
> From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com>

> For .eh_frame, using separate sections (without some ld support) for each
> .gnu.linkonce is IMHO not an option, because that will severely bloat the output
> (because one will have to emit a separate CIE for each such section and it
> may happen that the CIEs will be larger than FDEs for small
> functions).

I don't think this is how we discussed it would work.  There would be
a bunch of .eh_frame.* sections in .o files, but all the sections in a
.o file would expect to come in sequence in the final .eh_frame
section in the executable, so each .o would only need one CIE.

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org> <geoffk@redhat.com>