Re: rdi debugger dies and ctrl-c stops working

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 11:12:45AM -0600, Shaun Jackman wrote:

> I have a Jeeni debugger which occasionally hangs. When this
> happens while the target is running ctrl-c can't be used to
> grab a hold of gdb. I know gdb hasn't crashed though because
> ctrl-c causes a packet to be sent out on ethernet to the Jeeni.
> Is there another signal I can send to gdb to cause it to abort
> the rdi connection and put me back at the prompt?

In my experience that happens when the Jeeni and the ARM debug
macro cell have gotten out of sync (e.g. the CPU has been
reset).  Even if you could get gdb back to the command prompt,
I think you'd still have to reset the Jeeni and start over.

It would be nice to be able to get gdb's attention without
having to kill it from another window or put it into background
and do a "kill %1".

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com