Re: GDB's mascot?

An aardvark comes to mind, as something that, well, eats bugs.
The blue one from Pink Panter comes to mind, but you'd want
something different so as not to step on anyone's copyright.

For a fish, the archer fish is known to shoot down bugs from
low hanging plants by spitting water at them.

  http://www.whozoo.org/Intro2000/rickahlg/RA_ARCHERFISH.htm

-Jamie