Re: RFC: --enable-targets=<list>

Hi!

Andrew Cagney a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I'm getting ready to commit a patch (raw draft attached) that makes it
> possible to build a GDB that contains several orthogonal target
> architectures.  Not sure what happens when you use it yet :-)

Apart from the simulator, there will be a problem with the tm_print_insn
function.  There is only one, and the first _init_tdep that is called
will install its own.

I tried to have a look some day and see if we could use the opcodes generic
entry point but I stopped because there was some more work with some targets.

> Anyway, I'm trying to take a softly softly approach.  The attatched
> configury tweek tries to do the right thing (multi-arch when possible)
> and warn the user when something isn't possible.  The alternative would
> be to simply fail.  Thoughts?
>
> Until someone comes up with something better, GDB will link in just the
> primary target's simulator.
>
> As a preliminary change, I intend updating all the pure- multi-arch
> targets so that they set gdb_tdepfiles in configure.tgt instead of
> TDEPFILES=... in *.mt.  The patch currently interprets that to mean a
> multi-arch target, perhaphs I shouldn't do that?

I'll be happy to test that.

	Stephane