Re: Heads up: New readline released

Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> writes:

> On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 12:48:56AM -0400, Daniel Berlin wrote:
>>Elena Zannoni <ezannoni@cygnus.com> writes:
>>
>>> Readline 4.2 has been released.  I'll try to integrate the new version
>>> in gdb as soon as I get a spare minute.
>>>
>>> I heard that there was some interface change, but I haven't looked at
>>> it yet.
>>>
>>Any prayer that we can add the type of hooks we really want to be able
>>to add, ( I remember someone mentioning, maybe Eli, that we can't do
>>symbol completion the "right way" because of readline's insistence on
>>word seperator characters) yet?
>
> The readline maintainer is a very reasonable person.  I'm sure he'd accept
> a patch if it was in the spirit of the rest of the package.

Well, the problem is that it would be hard to do without adding
interfaces that go around the current interfaces.  Any other change
would break backwards compatibility, which i'm sure, given how many
things use readline, is not acceptable.

--
"I like to go to art museums and name the untitled paintings...
Boy With Pail...  Kitten On Fire.