Re: Another RFC: regex in libiberty

At 03:27 08/06/01 , vous avez écrit:

>[More lists added to get a wider audience]
>
>I didn't get a clear feeling about what people wanted wrt this.  I saw
>three people propose three versions of regex, not much to go on.  Is
>this a big deal?  Will it really get used by everyone who currently
>has their own regex?  Is it important to try to use a BSD-licensed
>regex to minimize future problems?

  I would really like to get a clearer understanding of this file.
This file is so full of #ifdef that I never really understood much of it.

   Neverthelees, I once sent a patch (without really expecting that it
would be accepted)
to allow case insensitive expression parsing which is
included in my patch to the gdb-5.0 version for
support of pascal language.

   See
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2000-06/msg00146.html
And also Mark Kettenis answers
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2000-06/msg00150.html
and
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2000-06/msg00155.html

   No decision to change to POSIX entry points were made since
(unless I missed something, which is of course highly possible)

Pierre Muller
Institut Charles Sadron
6,rue Boussingault
F 67083 STRASBOURG CEDEX (France)
mailto:muller@ics.u-strasbg.fr
Phone : (33)-3-88-41-40-07  Fax : (33)-3-88-41-40-99