gdb warning

I have seen posts about this is the web and in a couple newgroups, but I
have seen no clear solutions or definition as to what this message means.

When i run gdb, I get warning: unable to find dynamic linker
breakpoint function.
GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers and track
explicitly loaded dynamic code.

I have installed the latest gdb and gcc.

Minimally, to duplicate this error, I compile with:
g++ -g test.cpp

Then to debug, I run:
gdb a.out

In the debugger when I try to run, is when I get the error.

Anybody care to point out what the cause of this is ?

Thanks in advance for a prompt reply.

Charles Wilkins