Re: Limited success with 3.0 branch on AIX

Jim is away from his mail at the moment, but I just talked with him on
the phone about this.

We were thinking about C_INFO as a possibility. Whether we use C_GSYM
or C_INFO, xcoffread.c will have to get the name of the symbol, but
C_INFO is much less likely to occur, thus the overhead would be less.

The definition of C_INFO is in /usr/include/storclass.h on an AIX
machine.  I saw it mentioned in a patch by Tom Rix on the binutils
mailing list, as well:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2001-01/msg00448.html

For the C_INFO, if we chose to go with that, we would have to write
similar code to what dbxread.c, process_one_symbol() does for N_OPT,
and that would go in xcoffread.c, read_xcoff_symtab() instead:

      /* We use N_OPT to carry the gcc2_compiled flag.  Sun uses it
         for a bunch of other flags, too.  Someday we may parse their
         flags; for now we ignore theirs and hope they'll ignore ours.  */
    case N_OPT:		/* Solaris 2:  Compiler options */
      if (name)
	{
	  if (STREQ (name, GCC2_COMPILED_FLAG_SYMBOL))
	    {
	      processing_gcc_compilation = 2;
#if 0				/* Works, but is experimental.  -fnf */
	      /* For now, stay with AUTO_DEMANGLING for g++ output, as we don't
		 know whether it will use the old style or v3 mangling.  */
	      if (AUTO_DEMANGLING)
		{
		  set_demangling_style (GNU_DEMANGLING_STYLE_STRING);
		}
#endif
	    }
	  else