Re: kgdb w/threads results in debuggee hang after quit(or kill) if pid 0 is current

Amit Kale wrote:

> Paul,
>
> You can look for gdb mailing lists at
> http://sources.redhat.com/gdb
> You can post it in one of the gdb mailing lists.
> Someone else may have a similar problem with remote
> gdbstub.

It's not a problem in user mode remote debug because pid 0, the idle
task, isn't a valid pid for a user thread--i.e., it's only a problem
when the remote target is the linux kernel. GDB should be fixed so that
it doesn't assume the remote target isn't running because inferior_pid
is zero.