Re: DOS/Windows-specific code: sh-tdep.c and sh3-rom.c

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Kevin Buettner wrote:

> >     #ifdef _WINDOWS
> >       /* On windows we can talk through the parallel port too. */
> > 	"Debug on a Hitachi eval board running the SH-3 rom monitor.\n"
> > 	"Specify the serial device it is connected to (e.g. com2).\n"
> > 	"If you want to use the parallel port to download to it, specify that\n"
> > 	"as the second argument. (e.g. lpt1)";
> >     #else
> > 	"Debug on a Hitachi eval board running the SH-3 rom monitor.\n\
> >     Specify the serial device it is connected to (e.g. /dev/ttya).";
> >     #endif
> >
> > It should be good enough to have a single string here which would tell
> > that parallel port is only available on Windows.
>
> Perhaps, but it seems to me that the examples provided in the
> different help texts are actually useful.

I thought about retaining both examples.  For example:

 	"Debug on a Hitachi eval board running the SH-3 rom monitor.\n"
 	"Specify the serial device it is connected to\n"
        "(e.g., /dev/tty on Unix or com2 on Windows).\n"
 	"On Windows only, you can use the parallel port to download to it,\n"
        "in which case specify that as the second argument (e.g., lpt1)."