Re: gdb port to or1k

>>>>> "Marko" == Marko Mlinar <Marko.Mlinar@campus.fri.uni-lj.si> writes:
Marko> Our first plan is to prepare remote debugger using JTAG via
Marko> parallel port. First question - does anybody know if /dev/lp0
Marko> or such are compatibile across platforms (including IOCTL
Marko> function read_status 0x060b, I think).

No.

Many host systems that GDB supports don't even have parallel ports.
Those that do don't suport the same set of capabilites (other than
open/close and write, those are pretty standard :-).

Marko> I am new to gdb community, so I would appreciate any kind of
Marko> help, especially coders ;)

I don't have enough bandwidth free to directly contribute, but I'll be
available to advise when the time comes.  I suspect that many of the GDB
hackers are in the same boat, but I'll let them speak for themselves.

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin
RedBack Networks