Re: TODO vs bug data base

> Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:11:51 -0500
> From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com>
>
> Does the bug tracking database superseed the bulk of the TODO file?
>
> I don't think the bug system can completly replace the TODO file - I'll
> still expect to see it used to publically record GDB's release status
> and file more generic TODO items.

IMHO, TODO is not a repository for bugs, and neither should it be used
for tracking bugs.  Instead, it should include more general goals of
GDB development.  Bugs should only be included there if they require
thorough rewrites of large portions of code.  For example, the
problems with supporting the new C++ ABI is something worthy of a TODO
item, but only as a general issue, not a list of specific problems.

If we need some list of specific bugs that should be solved before the
next release is made, they should IMHO go into a separate file, not
into TODO.