tracepoints

hey,

What is it with tracepoints? Are they deprecated?

I got no response to my question about them about 2 weeks ago, and can't find
any docs about them in the gdb manual (except a small pointer that pointed
to nowhere)...

Should these pointers be removed? I basically want to have the same
functionality as I did in dbx (a while ago) where the program under 'trace'
prints out all of the lines of code as they execute...

Ed