Re: [5.1/mi] Enable MI interface

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> > Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 21:29:44 -0500
> > From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com>
> >
> > A 5.1 release criteria is enabling the MI interface.
> >
> > Once my other MI questions get resolved, the biggest problem I can see
> > with this is with the MI testsuite.  Once MI is enabled the testsuite
> > will kick in and, most likely, some targets will have additional
> > failures.
> >
> > If anyone can see any problems with this, please start rasing them now
> > :-)  The change required to enable the MI is trivial.  The consequences
> > may not be :-)
>
> Bother.  Can you, or someone else, please describe in a few words what
> does "enable the MI interface" mean, in practical terms, for a port
> such as the DJGPP port?

Nothing (yes, ok famous last words :-).

At present the gdb/mi directory isn't built.  Enabling the MI would mean
building that directory and linking it into GDB.  For a DJGPP user, this
just means that GDB gained a few kilos.

The big change really occured ~2 months ago when ui-out became the
normal mechanism to use when outputing something.  Since the old
*_printf() interface remains, no one noticed (1) :-)

enjoy,
	Andrew

(1) Almost no one.  There were a few bugs where the output changed
slightly and where found the output was fixed.