gdb over ethernet

Hi
	I was looking through gdb's debugging interface and it all seems
oriented to debugging over a serial port.  I would be interested in
getting it working over ethernet (really over tcp/ip), that is
connecting directly to the remote target over ethernet without a
remote terminal server (as seems to be the current implementation).
How horrible would it be to implement this and can it be done
within the current framework?

Noah.

Noah Aklilu
http://www.ee.ualberta.ca/~aklilu/