Re: GDB and shared libraries

> Ok,  what do I need to add (commands, data, etc.) to my gdb server to trace into these libraries?  Is the spec written
> down?

Just FYI.

Most shared library implementations can, in theory, be debugged remotely
without any modifications to the GDB remote protocol.  This is because
the SHLIBs are handled using only memory read/writes and breakpoints.

The ``exercise left to the reader'' is getting what was native-only
SHLIB code re-written in a way that is host independant.

good luck,
	Andrew