Re: GDB and shared libraries (was Re: Are you still with Suse)

Kevin Buettner wrote:

> Last October, I made some changes to GDB's infrastructure to better
> support debugging of shared libraries in an embedded environment.
> But this infrastructure work will only really work for an SVR4-like
> shared library implementation (which, BTW, is what Linux uses).
>
> See http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2000-10/msg00142.html

Ok,  when I run "$target-gcc -E -dM -x c /dev/null" I get

#define __PPC__ 1
#define _BIG_ENDIAN 1
#define PPC 1
#define __svr4__ 1
#define __GNUC_MINOR__ 95
#define __CHAR_UNSIGNED__ 1
#define _ARCH_PPC 1
#define __unix 1
#define __unix__ 1
#define __GNUC__ 2
#define _CALL_SYSV 1
#define __PPC 1
#define __BIG_ENDIAN__ 1
#define unix 1

so it appears that would be a canidate.

Which would you recommend:
    a) Patching my current code (the 5.0 release)
    b) Getting the latest snapshot