Re: CVS versions of gdb have same number as stable version.

Michael> I was sorta checking that no one would object to
Michael> "5.1-experimental" when I do submit it.

The only issue I might have is that the "-experimental" tag tells you
it's not a real 5.1 release, it does not give you any clue from where
in the 5.1 development cycle the sources were cut.

Don't other GNU projects do things like 5.0.XX, where XX starts off at
a high number like 80 and is periodically incremented until the next
release?

Another alternative would be a date stamp, similar to GDB snapshots.

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin
RedBack Networks