Re: problems with gdb

   Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 10:17:00 -0800
   From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>

   On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 12:42:01PM -0500, Chris Blizzard wrote:
   > Christopher Blizzard wrote:
   > >
   > > Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
   > > 0x404cbd41 in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6
   > > (gdb) shar libc.so.6
   > > Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.6...done.

   There are many linuxthreads problems since lin-thread.c was
   introduced. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to track it
   down.

This isn't one of them (at least the problem that was origionally
reported by Jim Kingdon).  The bug report is from before lin-thread.c
was introduced.  As a matter of fact, I have seen a spurious SIGTRAP
on Solaris 2.6 too in the gdb.threads/pthreads test.  And I also see
them quite frequently on the Hurd too (where every program is
multithreaded).  Looks like there is something wrong in the platform
independent threads code.

As for the "many linuxthreads problems": would you please tell us what
they are.  Apart from the spurious SIGTRAPs I'm not aware of any.

Mark