Re: 5.0 known issues 2000-02-16

   Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:25:46 +1100
   From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com>

   Target Specific:

   GNU/Linux/i386:
   After gdb_proc_service.h patch, its results are:
   # of expected passes            6363
   # of unexpected failures        12
   # of expected failures          200
   but it didn't run the threads tests.  I believe the solib.c problem is
   still dangling.  Actually, a testcase for what ever it is is needed
   first.

Looks like I misinterpreted the test logs.  The results above do
include running the thread tests.  The relevant test script tries to
link with -lpthreads first, which fails on most systems, but then
tries -lpthread, which succeeds.

I am working on the solib.c problem.  HJ reported that there is indeed
only a problem with dlclose(): GDB doesn't remove the shared library
from its list of loaded objects.  As a consequence a subsequent
dlopen() isn't noticed by GDB.  Basically my approach is based on a
patch from FreeBSD, but I'm changing things to minimize the amount of
data read from the target.  I'll need a few more days, and this patch
really needs to be tested on some more platforms (at least SunOS 4)
before it can be integrated.

I have a test case.  I'll try to integrate it in the test-suite.

   Solaris: No feed back, I'll put it on my list of things to do.

I have successfully built GDB on Solaris 2.6, see:

   http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/gdb-testers/2000-q1/msg00030.html

Mark