Re: Breakpoints

David Williams wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> So some targets may set multiple breakpoints. What I want to know is does 68K support
> in gdb ever need to set multiple breakpoints? Which part of source code should I check
> to see? I have had a quick look but got hopelessly lost I have not looked at the source
> for gdb before.

It happens when the instruction being stepped over is a branch.  GDB
figures out all possible branch destinations (which can get complex) and
sets a breakpoint at each one.

Look for the macro SOFTWARE_SINGLE_STEP / *_single_step().

As for the 68k - I don't think so.  It doesn't define
SOFTWARE_SINGLE_STEP_P.

	Andrew