Re: FAIL: gdb.base/finish.exp: finish from char_func

Fernando Nasser wrote:

> This change would make this test very weak.
>
> What target are you talking about and what character set?

Fernando, FYI, the fail was due to my checking in an inconsistent set
of sources.  The RE was expecting the value \001, while the program
was returning the character '1'.

> We can add an "if" for this case until GDB adopts some official way
> to handle different character sets.  Some mechanism to handle that
> without loosen the tests too much will have to be devised then.

I'll get back to you with a change that I hope will answer Marks
issues and yours.  Although I seriously don't expect GDB to work
with a non-ASCII character set...