Re: Ctrl-C interrupt problem.

> From: Fabrice Gautier <Fabrice_Gautier@sdesigns.com>
> Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:18:11 -0800
>
> Now I hve tried to do some test with natives cygwin programs. The very
> simple sample below crashes in some circumstances with ctrl-C:
>
> First Ctrl-C - everything is fine:
>
> Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt.
> [Switching to thread 325.0x140]
> 0x77f2b5b4 in ?? ()
>

> Second Ctrl-C - bad karma:
> (gdb) c
> Continuing.
>       0 [main] gdb 9049 handle_exceptions: Exception:
> STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
>     669 [main] gdb 9049 stackdump: Dumping stack trace to gdb.exe.stackdump
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I don't know whether this is connected, but Ctrl-C gets some special
handling from the NT DOS Box.  I don't know the particulars (Microsoft
won't distribute NTVDM as Free Software ;-), but it is a known problem
that NTVDM crashes or silently swallows Ctrl-C presses in some cases.

I don't know if this is relevant for native Win32 console applications
such as GDB compiled with Cygwin.