local variables

I've got a tiny source file for an arm-elf-gcc tool-chain.
It only has three local variables: int i, j, k;
For some reason though, only i shows up in "info locals".
The target is an Atmel EB01 dev board with a AT91M40400 processor
(ARM7TDMI).
I don't have debugging enabled, and i, j, and k definately have their own
places on the stack (by looking at the assembler output).
GCC is version 2.9.52 (--target=arm-elf), GDB is version 5.0 (Insight) (ran
as command line interface with -nw).
I have tried this both in the simulator and on the target. Results are the
same.

Which debugging format should I use?
-gdwarf seems to be the only one that Insight will recognize.
I also tried -ggdb, and -gdwarf+, but Insight won't give me a source view.

The command line used can be seen from the attached makefile.
Attached are the relevant files...

Thanks,
Shaun

Start.s