Step into and Step over....

I've been stuck at this place for a long time.
I'm willing to pay someone to help me solve this....

Step over does not work.
Example:
10)printf("Something");
11)myfunction();
12)printf("Something else");

If I am stopped at a break point on line 10

If I hit 'S' step I go to the first line of code
within printf.

If I hit 'N' next I go the the opening brace in the
printf function.

If I hit 'F' I finish the function and return.

I would have expected 'N' to step over the printf on
line 10 and stop at line 11.
Is this assumption wrong?

I'm using the latest Insite build on windows NT as
a cross debugger for a M68K-Elf using the remote
serial
protocol.

The code was compiled with GCC 2.95.2

I see the same problem running just GDB (I've not
tried 5.0 only 4.18.1)

This problem has persisted unchanged for more than a
year I'd be glad to work on it myself, but I need some
guidance.

Help!!!!!

Please respond to Paul@Netburner.com as the ISP I
normally use is on the Cygnus mail list reject list.
So I am reduced to yahoo mail ;-(

Paul