Re: Proposal: convert function definitions to prototyped form

On Jun 3,  2:37pm, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> > Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 10:50:39 -0700
> > From: Kevin Buettner <kevinb@cygnus.com>
> >
> > That's why I wrote check-decls (see
> >     http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/gdb/2000-06/msg00028.html
> > ) which takes the result of comparing (via diff -u) the original
> > sources with the protoized sources and produces a C source file in
> > which the portions from the protoized sources are used to construct
> > prototypes and the portions from the original sources are used to
> > construct (potentially?) corresponding function definitions.  We can
> > then invoke the C compiler (gcc -c -Wall) on the result and see what
> > kinds of warnings and errors are produced.
>
> I saw that script, but I don't like the idea to depend on a human to
> judge what GCC warnings are okay to ignore and what aren't.  I'd
> prefer an automated tool that would give a definite yes/no answer, if
> that's possible.

I see your point.

If I do as Andrew suggests and prevent fix-decls from looking at the
*-share directories, that will prevent the arg_type conflict which
is responsible for the errors.  That leaves only the exit() warning
from standalone.c to worry about.  I can probably devise a solution
which will prevent that warning from occurring as well.

Anyway... I will see if I can arrange it so that any error or warning
indicates a problem and no errors or warnings indicates that all's
well.

Kevin