Questions on GDB

I have a few questions on the operation of GDB with the Wiggler
and a PowerPC target.

I have ported the Macraigor DLL from MS Windows to Linux and
am attempting to get GDB working.   I can read and write registers
and memory in the PPC target.   I have a small test program that
I compiled with GCC configured as a cross compiler for the PPC.
I can use the "load" command and have the binary load properly
in the target memory.   I can use the "symbol-file" command to
load the symbols.   The "file" command will load the binary but
it seems to have a base address in the host and not the target.
The "run" and "step" commands do not seem to work.

Anyway, what are the commands that you used to load and execute
a binary in a target under Windows.   The documentation that I found
on the internet is conflicting.

Thanks,
Pete.