Gdb is IEEE 695 compatible?

Hello,
On sparc-sun-solaris2.6, I want to use gdb with a m68k target (remote
 target mode). MRI tools (microtech: mcc68k v4.4, asm68k v7.0, lnk68k
 v7.0) throught platine utilities(v4.30) are used to produce an object
 file in ieee 695.
 At the begginning GDB doesn't recognize this file because i configured
 it for m68k-monitor-none.
 As yoo say,I build gdb again as a m68k-monitor-ieee. So BFD and Gdb
 support IEEE.
 So when running gdb with a small soft with debug information:

 millot@palpatine : m68k-monitor-ieee-gdb
 GNU gdb 4.18
 GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
 you are
 conditions.
 details.
 This GDB was configured as "--host=sparc-sun-solaris2.6
 --target=m68k-monitor-ieee".
 (gdb)  file etoto.xray
 warning: little endian file does not match big endian target.
 Reading symbols from etoto.xray...I'm sorry, Dave, I can't do that.
 Symbol format `ieee' unknown.
 (gdb)

 The m68k Target is really big endian style. And according the
 specification of IEEE format, the file is little endian style.

 Do I make something wrong? (perhap my targe?)

 Any idea are greatly appreciated.
 Thanks