feature request for gdb and command line args

Hello,

I'd like to submit to you a feature request about gdb and the way
it parses its command line arguments.
I'm using gdb from CVS, updated a few days ago, but this problem has
always been there apparently.

When launching gdb with for instance:
"gdb kword"
it's apparently looking for kword in the current dir, and if not found will
look on $PATH. But if in the current dir there is a _directory_ of the same
name, it will simply fail to find the executable - which is obviously not
in the current dir but somewhere in $PATH.
The fix should be rather simple: checking whether what we found in the
local dir was a file or a dir, and dismiss if a dir.

This very small bug is quite annoying in fact, since it means I can't
run the same command from whichever directory, I have to make sure I'm
not in kword/..

Thanks !

http://home.clara.net/faure/