Re: gdb weekly snapshots

Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> The "weekly" snapshots haven't happened for a while - March 13th
> specifically. If they are done by cron jobs, perhaps they need some
> kicking? I know the snapshots that include dejagnu are done more
> frequently, but I'd prefer to point people at smaller downloads if they
> aren't going to run the testsuite.

FYI,  the last few days snapshots have been barfing (build problem) but
beyond that they appear to be working ok.  I'm currently pushing through
a snapshot by hand.

I suspect you've been fooled by the old dejagnu and gdb-only snapshots
that are still lying around, time to delete.

> If it's considered better just to drop the non-dejagnu snapshots, can those
> instead be made the gdb.tar.bz2/insight.tar.bz2 hard links in whatever the
> script is (those names make for easier URLs to point people at), and remove
> the old snapshots please?

At present gdb+dejagnu.tar.bz2 and insight+dejagnu.tar.bz2 snapshots are
being created.  The names best reflect what is really in the archive.

Also of interest is the weekly *-CVS-* file.  It contains a full CVS
checkout (although right now it is a checkout of the GDB-5.0 branch).

With respect to pointing gdb.tar.bz2 -> gdb+dejagnu.tar.bz2.  The mirror
sites probably won't like it.  Like a separate gdb.tar.bz2 archive
(which is what I was doing) it would just increase the amount of mirror
data being shipped out each night.

enjoy,

	Andrew