Re: bugs in remote.c

Hi,

It seems to me that minimal requirements to a stub should be:

1. Return empty on everything it does not understand.
2. Does not change its mind about understanding something while
   in the middle of operation. E.g. if it supports extended ops
   should also support restart.
3. Return 'ENN' if (a) fatal error occured or (b) memory error
   occured.

It seems to me that it is an absolute minimum set of requirements,
which will allow to complex stuff like queries to work properly.

It seems to me that people with uncompliant stubs should keep
using gdb-4.18 or earlier, which are pretty decent debuggers
anyway. Also, it seems like really simple thing to add
something like 'old-remote' target which will lack new and shining
stuff (e.g. extended ops, single register assignments and queries) but
will be more tolerant towards old screwed up stubs.

Thanks,

Aleksey