Re: x86 fpu

   From: Jim Blandy <jimb@cygnus.com>
   Date: 19 Oct 1999 13:47:30 -0500

   > I saw some changes for x86. But I didn't see changes to enable x86
   > FPU support on Linux. Is that true?

   That's right.  See the prior discussion on this list.  I'm still
   soliciting comments from x86 maintainers on the code.  Once people
   have had a chance to look it over, then we'll be adding generic x86
   FPU support, which Linux will use.

But some FPU support is already present in the current code.  You
should be able to look at the FPU registers (via the "info registers"
command or their individual names) and modify their values.  The "info
float" command won't work yet though.  This should be fixed in the
near future by having the generic x86 FPU support that Jim is talking
about.

HJ, what else will have to happen with GDB before you will consider
dropping your special Linux GDB based on 4.17?  IMHO we should make
sure that the Linux community starts doing their GDB development based
on the current CVS version as soom as possible.

Mark