Re: Lets talk to each other...

On Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 09:30:14PM -0700, Kevin Buettner wrote:
> On Sep 27,  3:13pm, J. Kean Johnston wrote:
> I did check in some changes that did indeed cause breakage on some of
> the other i386 targets.  But about a week later, I backed out the most
> problematic of these changes and ifdef'd some of the smaller changes
> so that we *should* be able to build on other i386 targets again.
>
> Hence my confusion... are you using the current snapshot?  Or
> one from two to three weeks back?
I had just done a cvs update, so it wasn't from a snapshot tarball.

> (Though there still are some problems with it though).  However, it
> was decided that it would be much cleaner to use the second approach
> of defining a common register layout.  Yes, it probably is more work,
> but it is the "right" way to do things.
I agree.

> In my opinion, this is an acceptable decision so long as we do the
> necessary unification and add the missing functionality before the
> next release.  The snapshots available from sourceware.cygnus.com are
> just that, snapshots, not releases.  As such they may contain missing
Yes I know that :-) The original point I was trying to make was that
some changes were made to a file which multiple targets depend on,
without some sort of fore-warning, and I was asking if it would be
possible to GET that fore-warning. I dont always have time to track
each and every snapshot, and usually (I'll admit) leave things to when
a release is approaching and I need to make sure it works. If I am
fore-warned that code that is likely to affect the targets I maintain
is going to change I can provide input on the change proposal from
my pointof view, and armed with all such input, a more informed
descision can be made.

--
J. Kean Johnston  | "Only the dead have seen an end to war"
Engineer, SPG     |                                         -- Plato