Re: Next release of GDB

Stan Shebs wrote:

[...]
> Here are some additional things that I would like to see, but that
> ought not to hold up the release if they can't be gotten in:
>
> * first version of libgdb, w/Guile scripting
> * GNU/Linux thread_db library support
> * asynchronous execution for GNU/Linux
> * fork following for GNU/Linux
> * HP WDB 1.1 bits
> * Apple MacOS X support bits
> * Current VxWorks (Tornado) support bits
> * Current LynxOS support bits
> * m68k BDM patches
> * Ada language support
>
> There are probably many other important things that I'm forgetting,
> please speak up and remind me about them!
[...]

... what about Objective C support? That should not be to hard.
(For gdb-4.16 and gdb-4.17, there was a patch,
afaik by Michael Snyder <msnyder@NeXT.com>;
still present at ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/gnustep/contrib
This patch does not work for gdb-4.18, but only because the code
changed too much for the "patch" program to apply, I think.)

Have I missed some point here -- has the Objective C patch
been rejected because of pricipal reasons not supporting Objective C
in gdb? As I scanned the archives, I found only
Christopher Seawood <cls@seawood.org>
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/gdb-patches/1998/msg00115.html
raising the same issue, but without getting any feedback.

 Or has just nobody been around so far interested in doing the
(little) work?

regards,
 clemens