Re: Need DWARF1 support (for money)

   From: toddpw@wrs.com (Todd Whitesel)
   Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 22:24:44 -0700 (PDT)

   > GDB *does* support DWARF1.
   > What is special about your compiler that requires support?

   Diab added some extensions to DWARF1.

   They have patches to GDB (I think 4.16) which read these extensions; we
   integrated them into a release of our tools for ColdFire late last year.

*More* unmerged patches!?!

:-)

They would probably go in OK - at least before the sources get
reformatted - the dwarf1 reader hasn't changed much.

   Do we know if Diab has done the copyright assignment paperwork for GDB?
   The patches aren't big, but there are a few chunks of code that I'm not
   comfortable submitting under our (WRS') copyright assignment.

I don't recall ever seeing a Diab assignment, and I think one would
have caught my attention... Do you know if there is a particular
person I should contact and lobby about this?

								Stan