Re: Remote debug of unix apps ???

> Check out gdbserver, in gdb/gdbserver.  It's basically a little
> proxy for ptrace, it makes the ptrace calls, and communicates
> with the host GDB via the standard remote protocol (target remote
> or target extended-remote).

 Just what I was looking for except that the linux support in
 low-linux.c is x86 specific :(  (My target is PowerPC)

 Also, when I compiled it on my x86 Linux machine it worked only when
 debugging statically linked executables. When debugging a
 dynamically linked executable I get the following when I call
 printf and the executable tries to load libc.so:

    0x40005832 in ?? () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2

 Any ideas on this problem ??? My embedded target depends on
 shared libraries to reduce storage requirements.

Thanks,
  Stuart

--

Stuart Adams