Re: First release candidate for GDB 6.4 available

> Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 00:38:55 -0800
> From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com>
>
> Hello,
>
> This is to announce that the first release candidate is now available
> for download at:
>
>         ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/gdb/snapshots/branch/gdb-6.3.90.tar.bz2
>         ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/gdb/snapshots/branch/gdb-6.3.90.tar.gz
>
> I will run a quick build & test of this tarball on the following
> platforms: alpha-tru64 5.1b, ia64-linux, mips-irix, ppc-aix,
> x86-solaris, x86_64-linux, sparc-solaris.
>
> There should be no surprise there as I have been doing nightly builds
> off the branch since it was created and didn't receive any build
> breakage incident.
>
> If you have access to other platforms and would like to report their
> status, that would be very helpful.

Here's a first batch of OpenBSD targets:

amd64-unknown-openbsd3.8:

                === gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes            10414
# of unexpected failures        103
# of expected failures          47
# of known failures             56
# of unresolved testcases       4
# of untested testcases         5
# of unsupported tests          18

mips64-sgi-openbsd3.8:

                === gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes            9800
# of unexpected failures        662
# of expected failures          47
# of known failures             54
# of unresolved testcases       9
# of untested testcases         7
# of unsupported tests          18

powerpc-apple-openbsd3.8:

                === gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes            10458
# of unexpected failures        249
# of expected failures          45
# of known failures             52
# of unresolved testcases       4
# of untested testcases         5
# of unsupported tests          18

sparc-sun-openbsd3.8:

                === gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes            10220
# of unexpected failures        147
# of expected failures          141
# of known failures             41
# of unresolved testcases       1
# of untested testcases         7
# of unsupported tests          21

The number of FAILs is generally a bit higher than Linux because:

1. I'm a lazy bum and never XFAILed and KFAILed some tests for
   unsupported features on OpenBSD.

2. There still are some Linux-specific tests in the testsuite that are
   enabled for all platforms.

3. The OpenBSD/sgi compiler has some serious problems.

The number of failures on OpenBSD/macppc has increased drastically
somehwere in the last two months.  Seems like someone broke something,
but I haven't figured out yet, what :(.  Perhaps people should check
some other powerpc platforms and compare results with gdb 6.3.

I'll try to test OpenBSD/i386, OpenBSD/sparc64 and perhaps
OpenBSD/hppa or OpenBSD/m68k later this week.  I'll also post results
for FreeBSD/amd64 and NetBSD/amd64.

Mark