target logout with ported gdbserver

Hi

I have ported a gdbserver of GDB 5.3 on arm-linux target using my Arm-Linux
pre-built Toolchain on x86/Linux.
I am able to debug the applications running on remote arm-linux target using
the ported gdbserver but as soon as the application and gdbserver finishes
execution...the remote arm-linux logs out and gives me a login prompt  !!!

Can some one help me figure out this potential probelm..??

What could be the possibility of such automatic logout ..??... Is it to do
something with the ported arm-linux running over the target board..??.. how
to find out..?

thanks and regards
Vijay