Re: [Fwd: GDB 5.2.92 available]

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:53:41 -0600, Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec@shout.net> said:

>   gdb.base/pc-fp.exp: get value of $fp (0xNNNNNNNN)

>     Noise, stack address in test name noise.  The test passes with
>     different names in different configurations.

Yeah, I've been complaining about this one too; see discussion on
gdb-patches with subject containing "Don't display values in output of
pc-fp.exp".  On the one hand, we're apparently not supposed to care
too much about stuff in parentheses; on the other hand, I don't see
what good it does to include those numbers in the output.

>   gdb.threads/killed.exp: GDB exits after multi-threaded program exits messily

>     This test PASSed with 5.2.91 and FAILed with 5.3 in these configurations:
>       gcc=2.95.3 binutils=vendor gformat=dwarf-2,
>       gcc=3.2.1  binutils=vendor gformat=dwarf-2
>       gcc=vendor binutils=vendor gformat=dwarf-2

>     This test FAILed with 5.2.91 and PASSed with 5.3 in these configurations:
>       gcc=vendor binutils=vendor gformat=stabs+

>     I don't have analysis for this.

This test is somewhat unstable for me on mainline even without
changing compilers.  (3.1/dwarf-2 is my most common compiler format.)

David Carlton
carlton@math.stanford.edu