Re: New GDB snapshot available

   From: hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu)
   Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 08:18:16 -0800 (PST)

   That is very unfortunate indeed. That is why I bring it up again
   and again. The good news is Jim and I will work to merge all the
   Linux changes into gdb 4.19. The bad news they won't be in gdb
   4.18. I don't think it is a big loss. I will make a Linux patch
   for gdb 4.18 when it is released. It shouldn't be very hard since
   I have tried to limit my changes in the Linux specific files as
   much as I can.

This sounds like a good plan.  People may recall that one of the
purposes of 4.18 is to test for any problems with ansification of the
sources, and so it's useful to get it out sooner and focus on making
bigger changes - including full ansification, if possible - in 4.19.

							Stan