Re: New GDB 4.17 snapshot is available

>   In message <m0yF769-00058JC@ocean.lucon.org>you write:
>   > # /usr/local/bin/gdb a.out
>   > GNU gdb 4.16.86
>   > Copyright 1997 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>   > GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you ar
>   > e
>   > welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain condition
>   > s.
>   > Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
>   > There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
>   > This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1"...
>   > (gdb) r
>   > Starting program: /tmp/a.out
>   > Internal error: live range string.
>   >
>   > (gdb)
>   > --
>   > H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)
>   > ----foo.c---
>   > int
>   >
>   > main ()
>   > {
>   >   printf ("Hello World\n");
>   >   return 0;
>   > }
> Can you please make this binary available?  I don't see *any* way
> you should be triggering that code with existing compilers.
>
> jeff

As I have mentioned, it is not the binary which causes the problem.
It is the shared library/dynamic linker in glibc 2.1. gdb 4.16.86
is broken in this regard. To verify this bug, you have to run glibc
2.1. FYI, glibc 2.1 has symbol versioning. I am not sure if it is the
cause.

BTW, gdb 970507 is fine.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)