This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Allow nested function displays
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at adacore dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 12:28:49 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Allow nested function displays
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> "Tom" == Tom Tromey <email@example.com> writes:
Tom> In Ada, it's possible to have nested functions. However,
Tom> block.c:contained_in does not recognize this. Normally, this is no
Tom> problem, but if gdb is stopped inside a nested function, then you can
Tom> end up in the unexpected situation that "print" of an expression will
Tom> work, whereas "display" of the same expression will not -- because
Tom> contained_in returns 0.
Tom> This patch simply removes the BLOCK_FUNCTION check from contained_in.
Tom> The rationale here is that in languages without nested functions, this
Tom> will not cause any issues.
I'm going to check this in now.